Know Your Rights If You Sustained A Knee Injury Due To Another Party’s Negligence
Any injury to the lower extremity of the body has an impact on a person’s mobility. If you are unable to walk, work, or perform your normal daily tasks due to a knee injury, you must be represented by a Clifton NJ knee injury attorney who will aggressively represent your interests in your personal injury claim. We at Jaloudi Law have the track record and experience to handle your knee injury claim.
We take pride in assisting our clients in regaining control of their lives following a serious accident that resulted in a knee injury. We place a strong emphasis on providing high-quality legal representation to our clients. We do not back down from difficult situations, and we prepare each case in the most efficient manner possible.
If you have questions about being injured in a car accident, slip and fall, motorcycle accident, nursing home care, or any accident claims that resulted in a knee injury, contact our Clifton NJ knee injury attorney at Jaloudi Law. You always have choices and the legal right to seek compensation for damages.
Why Do I Need a Knee Injury Lawyer in New Jersey?
Knee injuries can occur as a result of any accident caused by someone else’s negligence. But even when knee injuries occur in obviously severe, high-speed collisions, insurance companies will not always provide fair compensation in a timely manner. Whatever type of negligence caused the knee injury, insurance companies can craft an argument to challenge the validity of your claim.
Our knee injury attorneys at Jaloudi Law can help you understand your legal options. We work hard to hold the parties responsible for your serious injuries accountable while seeking full and fair compensation for you. We believe that clients with knee injuries should not be treated with suspicion, but rather with the benefit of the doubt. You are entitled to compassion, which an insurance representative is unlikely to provide.
If you decide to retain our services, our personal injury lawyers can assist you to:
- Launch an investigation into your accident to identify all parties who could be held accountable
- Gather all necessary evidence, such as accident reports, photos of the accident scene, surveillance footage, and eyewitness and expert witness statements
- Take care of all the difficult paperwork, file your claim, and make sure all deadlines are met
- Negotiate a full settlement that covers all of your current and future anticipated losses
- If necessary, represent you in court
Every knee injury case is unique and must be evaluated by experienced and competent attorneys. Our Clifton NJ knee injury attorney at Jaloudi Law can answer your questions and explain your legal options. To get started, call or email us right away.
What is a Knee Injury?
The knee is the largest and one of the most prone to injury of all the joints in the body. It is primarily composed of four components: tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and bones. Knee injuries typically occur as a result of a direct blow or when the knee is twisted or bent violently. Knee injuries may result from physical activity such as sports or exercise. However, falls and auto accidents are two of the most frequent reasons for knee injuries.
Knee injuries frequently have severe and long-lasting effects. Following a knee injury, the pain and degeneration can be crippling and incapacitating. It may have an effect on your daily activities, your job, and the hobbies you once had. It can make it difficult for you to perform daily activities like walking, sitting down, and standing up as well as your participation in physical activities like sports.
If you injured your knee due to someone else’s negligence, you should be aware of your legal right to compensation. Our Clifton NJ knee injury attorney can walk you through the process and help you understand your options and the best course of action. Talk to us today!
What Causes Knee Injuries?
A direct blow to the knee, bending or twisting force, or both can cause knee injuries. People who engage in high-impact sports, those who have osteoporosis, those who engage in repetitive motions like bending and lifting, and those who are involved in accidents are all more likely than others to sustain knee injuries.
Injuries to the knee frequently result from the following factors.
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Knee contact with the dashboard or steering wheel results in a direct impact
- Knee ligaments are torn upon abrupt rotation or twisting
- Dislocation or fracture of the kneecap due to the impact of the collision
Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents
Accidents that harm pedestrians and non-motorized vehicles are frequently caused by the same reckless driving by motorists. Bicyclists and pedestrians are at risk of suffering serious knee injuries in the absence of a sturdy metal barrier to shield them.
Slip and Fall Accidents
A slip and fall can cause an abnormal knee twist that damages the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). The force of a fall and direct impact on the knee can also cause the kneecap to fracture or dislocate. A meniscus tear may also occur if the knee is abruptly twisted or jerked while the foot remains in place.
Despite the fact that you may choose to play contact sports, you may be entitled to compensation if the equipment or facility owner was negligent in failing to prevent a hazard that led to your knee injuries.
Slip-and-fall injuries are among the most prevalent work-related injuries, and the knee is among the most frequently injured body parts. Occupational overuse injuries are also common. Knee overuse injuries can result in ligament tears or sprains, cartilage tears, and tendon or muscle damage. Knee injuries are more likely to occur in jobs that require frequent bending, lifting, or standing.
Defective Medical Device
Some knee injuries are unfortunately caused by defective medical devices, particularly knee implants. These defective products may wear out prematurely or necessitate revision surgery for patients whose replacements became loose and caused painful symptoms.
Regardless of the cause of your knee injury, you are eligible to consider pursuing legal action. Contact us immediately for a consultation to discuss the specifics of your case and to determine whether or not you have a valid case to pursue. Call the Jaloudi Law today!
What Are the Most Common Types of Knee Injuries?
The knee is both one of the largest joints in the body and one of the most complicated. Not only does it make movement easier for you, but it also helps to support your weight. Due to the complexity of the knee, there are various types of knee injuries including:
- Patellar fractures. The patella or kneecap may be fractured by a direct blow or a fall with significant force.
- Knee dislocation. This occurs when the bones of the knee are displaced, typically as a result of a car accident or a serious fall.
- ACL injuries. The ACL stabilizes the knee by holding the upper and lower leg bones in place. ACL tears are extremely common in sports and automobile accidents, and they can be extremely serious.
- PCL injuries. The posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) holds the shinbone in place by connecting it to the femur. A PCL tear is typically less severe than an ACL tear.
- Collateral ligament injuries. This ligament is frequently torn when the lower leg is pushed to the side.
- Torn meniscus. Meniscus is a piece of cartilage in the knee joint that absorbs impact and stabilizes the knee while running. Meniscal tears can be caused by changing direction at high speeds, turning the knee in the wrong direction with excessive force, and jumping in sports.
- Torn patellar tendon. This tendon assists in maintaining a straight leg. Depending on the severity of the tear, weeks of stress and physical therapy or surgery may be required.
Any knee injury has a high potential for catastrophic injuries and disability. While rest and physical therapy can help some injuries heal, surgery is sometimes necessary. Even after a seemingly complete recovery, all injuries could still have long-term consequences that take years to manifest.
As the victim of an accident that resulted in your knee injury, you have rights. But exercising those rights while trying to recover physically may present difficulties. Our Clifton NJ knee injury attorneys are happy to assist, both in and out of court. We have over 25 years of experience and have helped injured victims recover compensation. Dial our number now to know more!
How to Determine a Party’s Liability For Your Knee Injuries?
When negligence caused your knee injury, as the victim, you should file a personal injury claim against the negligent party. This claim can help you receive compensation if it can be demonstrated that negligence directly caused the injuries.
To prove negligence, as the injured party, you must establish these 4 elements of negligence with the legal assistance of a Clifton NJ knee injury attorney.
- Duty of care: The defendant must have owed you a duty of care to avoid injuring you in order to be liable for your damages after an accident. The duty of care is the legal obligation to act in a particular manner toward another person. The duty of care is determined by the party’s relationship.
- Breached of Duty: The breach of the duty of care occurs when a person’s conduct falls short of the reasonable person standard applicable to the situation. In other words, the individual acted irresponsibly and caused harm to another party.
- Causation: You must demonstrate that the negligent act was the direct and immediate cause of your injury. In other words, you must demonstrate that you would not have been harmed if the defendant’s actions had not occurred.
- Damages: To recover money for a knee injury claim, you must have suffered damages. Economic damages may include lost wages, personal care costs, medical bills, and travel expenses. Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, disabilities, and disfigurement, may also be included.
Collecting multiple types of evidence is the most efficient way to obtain the required proof to demonstrate negligence. Examples of useful evidence for a case include:
- Videos or photographs taken by you or any witnesses
- Surveillance video
- Accounts of people who witnessed the incident
- Images of the circumstances that led to the incident
Knee injuries can be painful, require extensive rehabilitation, and impair your ability to work, resulting in both physical and financial burdens. Please allow Jaloudi Law’s legal team to assist you during this difficult time by guiding you through the legal process, obtaining medical treatment, and gathering evidence for your case. Call us immediately for customer-focused legal representation.
What is My Knee Injury Case Worth?
If you can prove negligence, you might be entitled to financial compensation for your losses. It can be difficult to quantify the exact impact a knee injury had on your life. You might experience physical discomfort, have restricted mobility, be unable to work, and be unable to partake in activities that you once found enjoyable.
Your compensation will depend on a variety of factors, but your Clifton NJ knee injury attorney might be able to pursue damages for:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Medical equipment & assistive devices
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Reduced quality of Life
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Rare instances of personal injury are eligible for punitive damages. If your injury was caused by the defendant’s gross negligence, intentional wrongdoing, or reckless disregard for human life, a jury might award you these damages.
At Jaloudi Law, we will thoroughly investigate the incident that resulted in your knee injury. Make an appointment with us right away to find out more about the potential value of your knee injury claim, whether through litigation or settlement.
How Long Do I Have to File a Knee Injury Lawsuit in Clifton NJ?
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit in New Jersey is set at two years. Should you fail to file a claim for compensation from the negligent party in relation to your knee injury before the deadline, you will be deemed to have waived your legal right to do so.
Do not let delays cause your claim to become less valid or put it in jeopardy. Get in touch with our Clifton NJ knee injury attorney as soon as you can in order to protect your claim and get the process of building your case started.
Call our Competent Clifton NJ Knee Injury Attorney Now!
Knee injuries should never be taken lightly, and no one should endure unnecessary suffering as a result of another person’s negligence or actions. The best thing you can do for your family and yourself if you have sustained knee injuries and are having trouble paying your medical bills or are unable to work while you are recovering is to speak with a New Jersey personal injury lawyer.
We have over 25 years of experience handling personal injury cases at Jaloudi Law. And we have successfully recovered compensation for victims just like you. Review your situation with us, get our recommendations for what to do, and let’s fight for everything you’ll need to get over your injury.
To schedule a consultation, call or email us at Jaloudi Law. Our Clifton NJ knee injury attorneys are more than ready to assist you.